Sunday, December 31, 2006

Am no more a mere statistic


P.S.:
The present writer appreciates your unflinching support throughout the past twelve months. He wants to tell his readers how thankful he is. Next time around you can expect a usual write up.

Uncork the champagne and let it flow unfettered.After all, the year 2006 is coming to an end in a few more hours.On retrospection,personally,2006 has been phenomenal- that is, if the academics are excluded- for me.Those days of low self-esteem are still vividly etched in my usually schizophrenic cerebra.I enter a plush apparel outlet and the guard lets me in only if i have the strength to push the transparent glass showroom myself.Three minutes later the salesman gazes at my ridiculously svelte body and even before i ask to display a pair of jeans he
lets me know the price which, according to his gut instinct, is unaffordable by the most ridiculous of standards by me.Taking umbrage would only mean me pulling the glass door myself albeit sulking. Beggars think of me a part of their brethren.It surely is a moment to rejoice because i
atleast have someone looking forward for me.I guess it might seem funny to you but it is not rocket science when the beggars ask everyone for alms and i am ignored as if am a social pariah. Thankfully,and quite disconcertingly, the hijras find me worth asking. At this instant of low
self-esteem i tried to do the hijra act.
I came out in the open and lifted the sari to show those genitals- which are quite intact-albeit the space here was the blogosphere.And the rest as they say is history- in the making though.Sone pe suhaga was orkut. So, i would like to profess my heartfelt thanks to
some people who have been very instrumental in this metamorphosis of mine. Lo behold...

(the list is alphabetically written)
Acj's interview panel for perceiving me unfit for a seat in their college.

Adwait for being the "international affairs" guy.

An anonymous caller on mtv select who asked for "somewhere i belong" that in turn stoked my interest in english music.
Ayn rand for providing me the air to breathe in this materialistically smothered world.

Bharadwaj rangan for making kick ass a part of my lingo.

Bharat jhurani for commenting on everything.

Bishwanath ghosh for stoking my interest in journalism as a career.

Bitlord for letting me download everything that would make my orkut profile even more attractive.

Dataone for giving me the much needed relief in my moments of ennui.

Devika for being so appreciative and roping many more intelligent readers.
Dittakavi sameera for her technical inputs.

Gautam malkani and hillary swank for making fuck an inextricable part of my lexicon.

Greg chappell and his boys for playing impossibly bad cricket to make me stay away from the game.

Hafeeza for being that initial and still one of the very few readers who religiously visits my blog.
Howard roark for epitomising the "perfect guy".

Jntu examiners for making me fit enough to be unfit for any software job.

Lavanya for being there when i needed u the most and it does not mean that i dont need u now(laughs).

Lindsay lohan for the lugubrious "confessions of a broken heart".
My computer: Trust me it is a heath robinson contraption but hey this blog took birth from the womb of this same equipment.
My mobile for giving me company throughout despite my atrocities committed on it.

Rajeev masand for stoking my interest in international cinema.Dude, you are my dronacharya(my thumb would be intact to give a thumbs up and down).

Saby for keeping my sanity levels intact during my most unproductive period, that is, the last six months.

Sahithi for being that meticulous person with an eye for detail.She had a kick ass awe for my blog. Thanks dear.

Sameera for thinking me worthy enough to shed those precious tears of yours for me quite copiously(if sources are to be believed).

Shanti for being the hardcore RSS pracharak who would latch onto the most slender hook to calumnise me.

Sowmitra for the obvious reasons.

Tarun tejpal for letting me a sneak peek into the cardinal carnal secrets.

And

Vijayalakshmi, my mom, for letting me "BE".

Must watch faces on the telly:

Your heart needs to be made of stone to not get attracted to the enchanting smile of darshana, the channel[v] vj fresher contestant. Gawd, she lights up the surroundings with those thirty two teeth.

The flabbergasted look on the face of "beta" in the motorola flip ad.

The mom and her infant smiling(in the most heart warming way possible) and clapping in unison when the pug comes out of the closet in the new hutch ad.

Movie of the fortnight:
Blow:I guess even a blow job will not be as exciting as this johnny depp and penelope cruz starrer is.

WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2007.
Hope to have your patronisation next year and many years to follow. As far as i am concerned, i just hope my dream of manning a pencil and scribbling pad with a jhola hanging from my shoulders covered my a loosely khadi woven kurta with kolhapur chappals covering my feet comes true. Cheers people. C ya..

8 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger sowmitra said...

chala baa rasevu...summing up the new year nicely...lots of changes i know...this time i do hope by the time this season comes again...u wil be scribbling on magazines and paper replacing this place( though in a way to look at it the beginning cannot be replaced)..

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Adwait Deshpande said...

first of all A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YR TO U
so ends another year
and to tell the truth it had been a very good year for me for the first 6 months
while the last 6 were pretty tame
coming to ur blog i think it was fiting that u summarised the entire year in just one blog . it was something of a new concept, a novel concept for a blog
so my regards to u
PS wish all the blog readers of garcia a very happy new year too

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank u (for somthing i dont deserve)...!!
but i always thought its the other way round.. and thank u for being there...
and
Happy new year..
have a blast..

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx to u too!..Ur blog has widened my horizons of thinking..hope u come up with more novel ideas and topics for ur blog this yr..
Wish u a happy new yr!!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger The invincible! said...

ohhh....welcome jagan!!....i dont mind being a good critic inorder to make my friend a perfectionist in few aspects atleast:)...n i dont want to thank you in return bec u deserve something more than that:)

Hope this year b a milestone in our lives..:)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger VIZAG - Youth For Equality said...

wht patience!!! seriously gettin addicted 2 ur blog??? n thin abt commentin on everythin... i take it in the right spirit!!! neways, a person is supposed 2 hav an opinion on everythin!! no matter hw bad it is!!! jus kiddin :)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Sameera said...

hey jagan
first of all thanks for the mention. i assume "technical" was not sarcastic but then never mind!!!

happy new year to you and your family!
nd i know that this year will see loads of activity in the blogosphere from u :)

im regular here too,though not as religious as ur other fans :)

and i hope and wish that ur dream comes true asap and that u find true happiness once u have achieved ur dream and its not a letdown :)

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home